LVN/LPN – Full-time (11pm-7am)
Purpose of Your Job Position for LVN/LPN
The primary purpose of your job position is to provide direct nursing care to the residents and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing Services or Nurse Supervisor to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved LPN/LVN program.
LVN/LPN Specific Requirements
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN or LPN/LVN in this state.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of teamwork and team concept.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
LPN/LVN Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing assistants in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility.
- Ensure that all nursing personnel assigned to you comply with the written policies and procedures established by this facility.
- Ensure that the Nursing Service Procedures Manual is current and reflects the day-to-day nursing procedures performed in this facility.
- Ensure that all nursing service personnel comply with the procedures set forth in the Nursing Service Procedures Manual.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations concerning the activities of your shift as required.
- Cooperate with other resident services when coordinating nursing services to ensure that the resident’s total regimen of care is maintained.
- Ensure that all nursing service personnel are in compliance with their respective job descriptions.
- Participate in the development, maintenance, and implementation of the facility’s quality assurance program for the nursing service department.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies as may be requested.
- Periodically review the resident’s written discharge plan. Participate in the updating of the resident’s written discharge plan as required.
- Assist in planning the nursing services portion of the resident’s discharge plan as necessary.
- Interpret the department’s policies and procedures to personnel, residents, visitors, and government agencies as required.
- Admit, transfer, and discharge residents as required.
- Complete accident/incident reports as necessary.
- Write resident charge slips and forward to the Business Office.
Job Type: Full-time
LVN/LPN license in CA